The media list defines contacts which you would like to reach during the campaign.
Currently, Valoisan works with a media list in a Google Spreadsheet format. See this example on how it should look like.
There is a number of columns that play important role for the campaign to be successful:
- Status - defines status for contact - updated automatically from Valosan and Gmail extension. Should be the first column in the media list.
- Email (or E-mail) - email address for reaching out
- First name (or Firstname)
- Last name (or Lastname)
- Title (or Contact title)
- Company (or Company name, or Outlet)
- Company website (or Website)
- Location (or City, Country)
- Twitter - URL or handle to Twitter for this particular account
- Linked (Or Linked-In)
- Mobile phone
- Interests (or Contact subjects, or Industry)
- Rating - 1...3 to define rating of the contact. Represented as stars and given priority when sorting contacts.
- Tracking - Controls open mail tracking for contact. Put NO to disable, enabled by default.
- FIXME: Give description for rest of the columns
Note: Absolute minimum for the media list is Status, Company name, First name, Last name and Email columns.
We use and recognize only the following statuses in the media list:
- PITCHED - Set automatically or manually when you send the first e-mail with a pitch to the person via GMail Extension
- POSITIVE RESPONSE - Set manually when you receive a response from a journalist
- NEW - New contact for this particular campaign, you can pitch or send a press release to them
- DECLINED - Set when journalist declines your campaign' topic
- FOLLOWUP - Set automatically when you send the journalist a follow up message
- SKIPPED - Mark journalist as skipped to ignore contact and remove it from app and extension. All previous conversations will be still available in comm. center
- PRESS RELEASE SENT - Set automatically or manually when you send a press release to a journalist
- PUBLISHED - Set manually or when you add a publication (media hit) to the campaign