Because Valosan is deeply integrated with Google services, it requires certain additional permissions to access your data in Google Drive and Gmail to unlock all features of Valosan.
We are using OAuth to login and use the app and access Google Services.
Access is given incrementally, during the user's experience with the Valosan app and Valosan Gmail extension, when explicitly requested by the user.
Authentication in the app
Name and picture to display user in the app
Google Drive picker for Google Spreadsheet and Google Docs to select resources to be used in the app
Access message templates (pitches, press releases and etc) stored in Google Docs. Subscribe to Drive Push updates. Access to Google Drive folders containing company resources (photos, etc)
Read contact list stored as Google Spreadsheet, update contact status after sending a message.
Send press releases and follow-up messages
Read incoming e-mail (responses and bounces), labels, signatures and e-mail aliases
What is the reason to access restricted scopes?
From Google API Services User Data Policy only certain application types may access Restricted Scopes for each product:
- Gmail - Applications that enhance the email experience for productivity purposes (such as applications for customer relationship management, delayed sending of email, or mail merge)
- Drive - Productivity and educational applications (including task management, note-taking, workgroup communications, and classroom collaboration applications) that only use Restricted Scopes to handle Drive files (or their metadata or permissions) via the application’s user interface
Valosan is a CRM for talking with journalists, media, bloggers and other 3rd parties and helps to send the email and provides mail merge to improve user's experience for productivity purposes.
Limited use requirements
Valosan full-fill "Limited Use" requirements as follows:
- Data is accessed and used only to provide user experience in the app and Gmail extension.
- Data are not transferred to others without user express action. Use can send google document template (after mail merge) to recipients by adding it to the Gmail message or as part of the press release send out.
- No ads are displayed in the app and no data is used for serving ads.
- Only technical personnel can get access to user data, provided the user requested help and given written consent to access his data (via in-app chat)
- Technical personnel also can access user data to comply with law or security purposes
- Any analytics or aggregation are performed on anonymized and cleared data
No contractors, 3rd parties or 3rd party services have access to users data.
Hello and welcome to Valosan app.