MRM is short for Media Relationship Management, and it is a better implementation of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) specifically created for building relationships with journalists.
Valosan is built around the MRM approach, and offers workflow which implements MRM principles:
- Be a good source. Provide accurate, complete information on the details of your announcement, launch, or press release.
- Do not pitch your startup story to a Fashion journalist (or vice versa). Follow journalists on Twitter, and get to know their interests. Bonus point: Read and follow “How to pitch to me notes some journalists have: example”
- Follow up if necessary, but do not be pushy.
- Know the industry-specific and international media which serves your company audience.
- Pitch to the most important journalists (VIP), and send the press release to a wider audience at the embargo date (launch or announcement date).
- Monitor media. Find the ones who wrote about you and add them to your VIP journalist list.
Read more on build relationship in our parent article:
PR Strategy - Why good media relationships are your business's best friend - San Francisco Agency
A PR strategy without a plan for media relationship management isn’t a PR strategy. We tell you how to do it, and why it’s important.