Valosan provides a tool for a campaign to send your press-release or any other content to the broader list of contacts.
For press-release, we recommend creating a “distribution” contact list which allows you to send your news to a bigger set of media, to ones you cannot possibly pitch in a short time (1-2 weeks).
Also, by sending press-release via distribution, you can identify later journalists who are interested in your story and add them to your pitching contact list.
On the distribution tab, you can define send-outs for the campaign.
You can use this to send press release to a bigger media list or to send a pitch.
Please do not use it for spam! As this uses your Gmail account for sending, using it inappropriately might restrict your sending abilities in the future.
Press release send-outs works as a regular mailing list (for example ones in Mailchimp) with some exceptions:
- You need to define a content template to use in "Content" tab - this will be used for the outgoing message
- E-mail addresses are defined in the Google Drive spreadsheet (media list) which is defined for your campaign. You can add new spreadsheet tab with contacts and use these to send messages.
- Contacts are filtered by the Status column (excluding ones marked with PRESS RELEASE SENT, SKIPPED and DECLINED)
- Also if the media list has a Language column, it is matched against a press release send out language. You can have multiple languages in this column, e.g. "English; Finnish; German"
- Additionally, you can filter out contacts that have already been reached out via send-outs by selecting “Send to: contacts which were not sent previously”
Here is the example media list for press release send out (for pitching and VIP :
Why I am getting fewer contacts to be sent compared to my list in a spreadsheet?
- Check language and status columns
- Lines with empty emails addresses are ignored
- Duplicate emails are ignored too